Fontaine des Mers at Place de la Concorde in Paris
The Fontaines de la Concorde are two monumental fountains located in the Place de la Concorde in the center of Paris. They were designed by Jacques Ignace Hittorff, and completed in 1840 during the reign of King Louis-Philippe. The south fountain commemorates the maritime commerce and industry of France, and the north fountain commemorates navigation and commerce on the rivers of France.
- Paris-Fountain of Place de la Concorde-1-Fianl.tif
- ©Ken Kaminesky
- Image Size
- 3744x5616 / 60.2MB
- Contained in galleries